What is an ISO 9001 Quality Management System?
ISO 9001 is one of the standards within the range of ISO 9000 standards.
ISO 9001 Certification will give your organisation the quality systems that will provide the foundation to better customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement. ISO 9001 will also help your organisation to manage business processes more effectively, as well as putting in place best practice methodology.
What are the Benefits of ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 Certification is not just suitable for large organisations but also small businesses that will benefit from adopting efficient Quality Management Systems that will save time and cost, improve efficiency and ultimately improve customer relationships.
Some of the benefits to your organisation:
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organisation
- Mandatory if you want to tender for some public sector work
- Communicates a positive message to staff and customers
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time saving processes
- Highlights deficiencies
- Reduces your costs
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
- Marketing opportunities
Some of the benefits to your customers:
- Improved quality and service
- Delivery on time
- ‘Right first time’ attitude
- Fewer returned products and complaints
- Independent audit demonstrates commitment to quality
What are the Steps to Attaining ISO 9001 Certification?
- ISO 9001 Quality Manual, created by Rifco
- Stage 1 Audit, conducted by Rifco
- Quality Manual tweaks and improvements, if required, made by Rifco
- Stage 2 Certification Assessment, conducted by an independent third party, Accredited Certification Body
What is the Timeline for Attaining ISO 9001 Certification?
With the right preparation and a good understanding of what is required for ISO 9001 certification, most organisations can expect to achieve certification within 3 to 6 months, depending on their size and complexity.
Tim James is a Senior Partner at Rifco Asia, and he is our in-house Lead Auditor for all ISO 9001 QMS systems we build. He has experience building and auditing bespoke QMS systems in Australia and SE Asia, and he leads a team who support him during the design and implementation phases of all new systems.
Whatever your current business concerns, Rifco has you covered. Whether you need help tweaking your internal processes, or you are looking for a comprehensive ISO 9001 compliance solution, we can help. Contact us for a preliminary video conference to discuss your needs and concerns. We can create a customized solution that fits your budget, and helps you hit your targets sooner.